The Administrative Division consists of one commander, one professional standards sergeant, one training sergeant and one crime analyst.
The commander is responsible for:
• Fleet and equipment procurement
• Grant writing
• Policy and procedure creation and revision
• Writing and reviewing legal contracts
• Inter-governmental agreements with other professional entities
• Provides legal guidance to Chief of Police on administrative or legal issues facing the department
The professional standards sergeant is responsible for:
• Assessing personnel and organizational performance and accountability
• Conducting staff inspections
• Coordinating the hiring and recruiting of both sworn and civilian positions
• Investigating complaints of employee misconduct
• Media relations
The training sergeant is responsible for:
• Training newly hired employees
• Annual training for personnel
• Professional development training for staff.
• Assists with recruiting, hiring and background investigations for job applicants
The crime analyst is responsible for:
• Reporting statistics
• Monitoring, analyzing and summarizing criminal and traffic accident activity
• Distributing intelligence information
• Responding to internal and citizen requests for information
• Providing support to investigators on cases
• Creation of crime prevention materials, including brochures and videos
The Northglenn/Thornton Special Weapons and Tactics Team also fall under the Administrative Division.
Commander Jeremy Sloan leads the Administration Division. Sloan has been with the Northglenn Police Department for over 17 years. He has served as a field training officer, department trainer with 11 years on the SWAT Team where he has served a team leader. He is currently the Commander of the Northglenn/Thornton SWAT Team. He has also been an undercover drug detective at North Metro Drug Task Force.