2022 Fishing Registration Open!
Derby Day combines the annual Fishing Derby with a Bike Derby!
The Fishing contest is now FREE! Pre-registration is still required for the contest. First 250kids will get a goodie bag. Anglers ages 2 to 14 are welcome to compete. Check-in is at 8 a.m., with fishing going from 8:30 to 10 a.m. If you need a break from fishing, visit the Division of Wildlife booth for fun facts about fishing in Colorado or join our bike derby presented by HEAL/
- Awards will be presented at 11:00 a.m. in six age categories and for the overall longest fish.
- Each winner will receive a fishing pole, tackle box and trophy.
What to Bring
Bring your own pole, tackle and bait as none will be provided.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife will have a fishing clinic and drawings for free fishing poles.
There will be mementos, snacks and lots of fun for all participants, so come and be part of the excitement.
- Starting at 8:30 a.m., the city will host a free bike derby and obstacle course for youth.
- Bicycle Colorado will provide the bikes and helmets for the derby.
- You can also learn how to make minor repairs to your bike during a free workshop.
- A limited number of gently used bicycles and new bike helmets will be given away at the event.
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Fishing Derby Check In|
|8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||Fishing|
|8:30 a.m. -10:00 a.m.||Bike Clinic
|11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Derby Awards Ceremony|
The fishing contest is free this year, but registration is still required. Just complete the simple form and you're good to compete. Registration only required for fishing contest. All HEAL, bike rodeo and other activities and free and open to enjoy when you arrive.
For more details call 303.450.8909.