Celebrate your independence in Northglenn!
Celebrate America's birthday at the July 4th Festival in EB Rains Jr. Memorial Park in the City of Northglenn. Some call the event the cities largest family picnic as families and friends bring out their blankets and picnic baskets to get a great seat for the annual fireworks program.
Note: July 4th event activities do not start until 12 p.m.
- 12 to 3 p.m. - Car show
- 12 to 8 p.m. - Bounce houses open
- 12 p.m. to fireworks or sell out - Community booths, food vendors and beer garden open
- 2:30 p.m. - Car show awards
- 2:30 p.m. - Concert by Reveal and Company
- 3 p.m. - Pedal boats close
- 3 p.m. - Rotary Duck Derby Big Duck Race
- 4 p.m. - Rotary Duck Derby Ticket Holder Duck Race
- 4:30 p.m. - Concert by Ron Ivory One on One Motown Review
- 6:30 p.m. - Military recognition by Northglenn American Legion Post #22
- 7 p.m. - Concert by Thumpin’
- 9 to 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks! (Based on weather. If not set by 10 p.m., show moves to 9:30 p.m. July 5.)
Events Hosted by:
Duck Derby hosted by the Northglenn Thornton Rotary Club and the Fireworks are provided by the City of Northglenn.
Car enthusiasts enter your vehicle in the Annual Car Show. Categories include new, classic, antique, vintage, hot rod, and rat rod cars as well as motorcycles and trucks. Details about arrival times and location will be sent with registration, car show near the basketball court on the East side of the park. Enter off of 117th and Washington (travel N/S on I-25 to 120th Avenue, East to Washington Street, South to 117th Avenue and West to the park (the street dead-ends in the park).
Entry is $25 in advance and $40 on July 4th. Registrations accepted on-line here: Car Show Application
- Near the park, parking is designated for handicapped, staff or vendors working the event.
- Attendees should use the Wagon Road Park N Ride at 120th Avenue and Huron Street and use the walkway under Interstate 25. Cost is free for 24 hours for north metro area residents.
- A drop-off zone will be available to drop off people with disabilities or large items in the west parking lot of E.B. Rains Park.
- Community Center Drive will remain open except during the fireworks display.
Parking and Amenities Map
The Northglenn-Thornton Rotary Duck Derby is back in person! You could win $2,000 if your duck crosses the finish line first. Cost is $5 for one duck, $20 for five or $50 for 15. You don’t need to be present to win. All funds raised go back to the community to support local food drives, scholarships, children in need, and much, much more. To buy tickets, sponsor a duck or for more information, go to https://rotaryducks.org.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
Can we bring our own shade structure/tent?
Yes, but please be considerate of your neighbors and take your canopies down and turn off your lights during the fireworks. You can sit anywhere in the park unless marked or roped off.
Can we bring our own food and non-alcoholic beverages?
Absolutely. There’s a reason why this event is known as the city’s largest family picnic. However, food vendors will be on-site if you would like to purchase your food or drink.
Can we bring grills to the park? If so, what types are allowed?
Propane grills are allowed. Charcoal grills are not.
Are pets allowed?
Dogs are allowed, but you must keep them on a leash.
Is there alcohol at the event for purchase?
Yes. Beer will be sold in a "beer garden" type area that is on the west side of the park. Funds raised will benefit the Northglenn Arts & Humanities Foundation along with the Northland Chorale. The rest of the event is considered "dry,” so alcohol is not allowed to be brought to the event.
Can I rent a pavilion for July 4th?
Sorry, all pavilions have already been rented.