The city has contracted its building division services through SAFEbuilt since 2009.
Since 1992, SAFEbuilt has provided full-service building department programs, building code plan reviews, complete project support, building code inspections and code enforcement for cities, towns, counties and other public agencies.
Starting Nov. 10 2020, 11/10/2020 the building codes will be changing to the 2018 I-codes.
Applicable Codes and Design Criteria
- 2018 International Building Code 2018 IBC Amendments
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- Electrical/Plumbing License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines
- ANSI A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- Snow Load - 30 psf; ground snow load 30 psf
- Wind speed – 130 Ultimate, exposure B – designer shall assess
- Frost depth - 36 inches below finished grade Minimum footing depth – 36 inches
- Call Before You Dig! - Utility Line Check - Colorado 811