Until further notice, City Hall is closed to the public. Permits may be obtained online. All other services are operating as normal.
The city has contracted its building division services through SAFEbuilt since 2009.
Since 1992, SAFEbuilt has provided full-service building department programs, building code plan reviews, complete project support, building code inspections and code enforcement for cities, towns, counties and other public agencies.
Starting Nov. 10 2020, 11/10/2020 the building codes will be changing to the 2018 I-codes.
Applicable Codes and Design Criteria
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code
- Electrical/Plumbing License Contemporaneous Review Guidelines
- ANSI A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 1997 Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings
- Snow Load - 30 psf; ground snow load 30 psf
- Wind speed – 130 Ultimate, exposure B – designer shall assess
- Frost depth - 36 inches below finished grade Minimum footing depth – 36 inches
- Call Before You Dig! - Utility Line Check - Colorado 811