nextdoor instagram twitter facebook youtube


The Northglenn City Clerk's Office accepts passport applications by appointment only.  You may schedule an appointment for up to 6 people in your family or group on our website.  For a larger group, please book multiple appointments or give us a call for special accommodations.  All applicants must appear in person, to include children and infants.  For minors under the age of 16, in most cases, both parents must also be present to submit an application.

Questions? Please see our FAQ.

If you are unable to come to your appointment, we ask that you please cancel or reschedule it by using the link in your confirmation email, or by calling or texting 303-450-8753.

Northglenn City Clerk’s Office: 303.450.8753
U.S. Department of State: 1.877.487.2778,

Estimated delivery with ROUTINE processing: 6 to 8 weeks
Estimated delivery with EXPEDITED processing: 2 to 3 weeks (additional $60 per application)
Express mail options are also available.

Approximately a week after your appointment, you can track the status of your application by calling 1.877.487.2778 or by visiting:
U.S. Passport Application - On-Line Status Tracker

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to apply for a passport?
    • U.S. Birth Certificate issued by the city, county, or state of birth
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    • U.S. Passport
      • IMPORTANT: When submitting a passport for a minor, a copy of the birth certificate must also be submitted
    • Please note: a Social Security card is not considered evidence of citizenship for passport purposes.
    • Valid Driver’s License
    • State Issued I.D.
    • Passport
  • PASSPORT PHOTO (photos available on-site)
    1. U.S. Department of State: CHECK or MONEY ORDER ONLY - NO CASH, NO CARDS
    2. City of Northglenn: CASH, CHECK, MASTERCARD or VISA
Do you take passport photos?
Yes. Photos are available during your appointment for $9 plus tax per person, which can be paid with any form of payment. You don't need to do anything different during scheduling, just let us know you need photos when you arrive for your appointment.
Which application form do I need?
Please see the U.S. Department of State’s website to determine which form you will need.

Most passport forms are available at, or on site at the time of your appointment. Please be wary of websites that charge for passport applications - you should never have to pay to complete any passport forms.
How much will my passport cost?
Exact fees depend on the type of passport (book, card, or both) you’re applying for, and how quickly you need it. A fee calculator is available here.
What's the difference between a passport book and a passport card?

The passport book is accepted for any kind of travel, anywhere in the world. Passport cards are only accepted for land or sea travel, and only within Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.  

If you are planning to fly internationally, you must have a passport book.

What methods of payment do you accept?

The Department of State fee must be paid by check (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's) or money order. There are no exceptions. If your appointment is for multiple applicants, you can combine the Department of State fees in one check or money order.

The City of Northglenn fees can be paid with any form of payment. 

Can I make an appointment if I'm not a resident of Northglenn?
Yes. There are no residency requirements for passport services. 
Do I need to make an appointment for a renewal?
Some adult passports can be renewed by mail, in which case you don't need to come to an acceptance facility. Click here to view the requirements to renew by mail. However, if you would like assistance in completing a mail-in renewal, we can help by appointment.

All minor passports, and adult passports that don't meet the requirements to renew by mail, must be submitted at an acceptance facility and also require an appointment.
Do I need to renew my passport before it expires?
No. There is no requirement to renew a passport prior to the expiration date. Adult passports can be renewed by mail for up to 5 years after expiration. Minor passports, and adult passports that have been expired more than 5 years, must be renewed in person. For more information, please see the Department of State's website.

City Clerk's Office
Passport Information Line

Open weekdays by appointment only.

City Hall
11701 Community Center Drive
Northglenn, CO 80233