All establishments that serve or sell alcohol are required to be duly licensed by the State of Colorado and the city.Establishments that require a liquor license include:
- Sports and entertainment facilities
- Brew pubs
- Other potential business types
Obtain a Liquor Permit
In addition, entities or individuals that serve or sell alcohol at a private occasion held on public property or at a special event may be required to obtain a permit.
Special Private Occasion Permit
A Special Private Occasion Permit authorizes the possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property such as city-owned property or park facilities. A special occasion is defined as a wedding, corporate or club picnic, or similar event of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political or athletic nature. Only beer and/or wine may be possessed and consumed at the event. No spirituous, or hard liquor, is allowed.
Special Private Occasion Liquor Permit Application
Special Events Permit
A Special Events Permit is required for any one-day or multiple day event where alcohol is being sold or served to the public. To qualify for a Special Events Permit, the applicant must be one of the following:
- A nonprofit organization for purposes of a social, fraternal, patriotic, political or athletic nature.
- A regularly-chartered branch, lodge or chapter of a national organization or society that is nonprofit in nature.
- A regularly established religious or philanthropic institution.
- A political candidate who has filed the necessary paperwork with the Secretary of State or local election official.
- A municipality-owned facility where where productions of a cultural or artistic nature are held.
Liquor licensing in Colorado is a two-tier process. License applications are first considered by the local licensing authority and then by the state licensing authority. All applications must be filed with the City Clerk's Office.
NEW LIQUOR LICENSE APPLICATION PACKET
Actions for Existing Liquor Licenses
- Renew a Liquor License
- Transfer Ownership
- Register a Manager Change
- Report Corporate Changes
- Modify a Licensed Premises
- Change a Trade Name