Visitors to the Northglenn Civic Center area will notice changes when accessing the site starting the week of Sept. 30.
Construction fencing and detour signs will be installed in preparation for construction on the city’s new recreation center, theatre and senior center. Fencing will surround the entire construction area for the duration of the 18-month schedule. The construction zone includes the grassy area between City Hall and the current recreation center and much of the parking area between City Hall and Interstate 25.
Pedestrian access to the I-25 underpass near 120th Avenue will be maintained throughout the project. There will be temporary changes to pedestrian routes and parking at times during construction, but signage will be posted to help pedestrians, motorists and cyclists navigate.
The facility will be built between City Hall and I-25. It will have a 320-seat theatre, senior center, preschool area, basketball courts, lap and leisure pools, and more. Learn more at www.northglenn.org/newreccenter.
This map indicates the construction zone for the new Recreation Center, Theatre and Senior Center. The zone was put in place the week of Sept. 30.
Red Shaded Area
- Construction Zone – no entry at any time
- Will be entirely fenced with construction vehicle entry points where needed
Red Dotted Line
- Park / neighborhood detour route
- Path around construction from Interstate 25 underpass to E.B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park
Yellow Dotted Line
- Pedestrian path from the current recreation center to City Hall
- At times the west sidewalk will be closed. This will be clearly indicated
Green Shaded Area
- Open parking lots for City Hall
- These parking lots will remain open throughout construction