Are you looking for ways that you can help during this time? Here are a few things you can do:
1. Support Local Businesses -- Now is a great time to Shop Northglenn -- we can't gather, but food pick-up and delivery, gift cards, and online shopping are all an option. Go to www.shopnorthglenn.org for our business directory.
2. Donate Financially
- The Northglenn Community Foundation is accepting cash donations that will be used for Utility Bill assistance and other community support programs. More info: https://northglenncf.org/
- Food For Hope is also taking donations in order to pack emergency food bags to be distributed to 7 mobile feeding sites in the 27J and Adams 12 school districts. More info: https://foodforhope.net/
- Food Bank of the Rockies is taking financial donations to provide meals for those in need. More info: https://www.foodbankrockies.org/give/give-funds/
- You can quickly and easily give to help financially support Crossroads Church Northglenn and their response to the COVID-19 crisis. More info: https://crossroadsabc.com/covid-care/
3. Donate Food and Toiletries
- Northglenn Christian serves over 100 families and can always use donations of non-perishable food items.
- Food Bank of the Rockies also takes non-perishable food items and they serve 30 counties in Colorado.
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary Food Bank provides a helping hand for struggling families in the Northglenn area.
- Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. will have their 42nd Paint-A-Thon (PAT), with an abbreviated schedule and new safety protocols. They are looking to help senior homeowners who may not be able to spruce up their homes on their own. They are hoping to recruit several enthusiastic teams of volunteers for projects later this summer, when public health orders are lifted.
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary Food Bank provides a helping hand for struggling families in the Northglenn area and is always looking for volunteers to help with food distribution.
5. Show you are #NorthglennProud -- join in on our community unity fun! You can give a neighbor a Northglenn Hug sign. All ages are encouraged to color and post our "N" on home doors and on social media, and we are asking residents to string up white holiday lights to show hope and solidarity in this trying time. Be kind, check on your neighbors and reach out to those who might need a helping hand (while respecting social distancing).
6. Share resources. Look on social media sites and search for Northglenn -- it's a great way to share info about help needed and offered. If you know of resources that can be helpful to people in your community or are an organization in need of resources and cannot access social media, please email info to share at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Take care of yourself.
- If you are physically ill, please contact your healthcare provider and self-quarantine.
- Follow social distancing, hand washing, and other health recommendations.
- Adhere to public health orders like Stay at Home.
- If you need emotional support, Community Reach Center is available for anyone experiencing high levels of stress or anxiety during this time. You can call 303-853-3500 or visit online at https://bit.ly/2WfrG8V. You may also reach out to Colorado Crisis Services at 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255 https://bit.ly/38Y8DT8.