Grand Opening Schedule | Facility and Parking Map | Daily Operations at the New Center | Construction Information | Sign up for Parks & Rec Activities | What Are You Most Excited About for the New Rec Center?
Yes, at long last the new Northglenn Recreation Center, Senior Center, and Theatre is opening!
Fun, free activities for all ages are planned from 1 to 7 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 9.
As you arrive, pick up a Fun Pass and guide to make sure you don’t miss anything. The two pools, workout area, gym, theatre, senior center, preschool rooms and more will be open to see and experience, including activities and class samplers. Outside there will be food trucks and music. And don’t forget – show you’ve visited all the areas of the new center so you can enter the drawing for prizes like an annual pass, tickets to shows, free classes and tons of other cool stuff.
At 7 p.m. – to put a finishing touch on the grand opening – is a fireworks show! They'll be set off on the west side of E.B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park, visible from the north parking lot of the new center.Mayor Meredith Leighty talks about the opening in her new video.
More on the New Northglenn Recreation Center
- New recreation center operational information
- Construction of the new recreation center
- Register for classes, events and activities at the new center
Grand Opening Schedule
Get your guide and fun pass at the rec center desk. Collect six stamps to enter the drawing for a ton of awesome prizes!
- Community Room: Tours of the facility, videos and displays all day
- Open Swim All Day
- Aqua Zumba class samplers: 1:45 and 4:45 p.m.
- Parsons Theatre:
- Denver Municipal Band: 1:30 p.m.
- Northland Chorale: 3 p.m.
- Dance performances: 4 and 5 p.m.
- Northglenn Youth Theatre performance: 6 p.m.
- Judo Club: 1 p.m.
- Pickleball: 2 p.m.
- Volleyball: 3:30 p.m.
- Basketball: 5 p.m.
- Free throw contest: 6 p.m.
- Weight Room: All day orientations - learn what is available, ask questions
- Senior Center: Coloring and coffee all day
- Jazz guitar: 3-5 p.m.
- Fitness Studio: Class demonstrations all day -
- Kids Yoga
- Foam Rolling
- Boot Camp
- Let's build: 1 p.m.
- Arts and crafts: 2 p.m.
- Story time: 3 p.m.
- Playground: 4 p.m.
- Science: 5 p.m.
- Art: 6 p.m.
This map shows the general layout of the New Northglenn Recreation Center and surrounding areas. Parking areas are designated in light blue.
What are you most excited about for the new recreation center?