Help shape the future of our Police Department (NPD)!
NPD has adopted the Community Co-Production Policing (CCPP) philosophy of law enforcement to strengthen its relationship with the community.
To support this philosophy, council formed the CCPP Advisory Board in November 2020. The board now has two openings – one at-large, and one for a resident of Ward 2. The board seeks engaged residents to work with.
Applications are being taken through 5 p.m. Friday, April 15. To apply, or for more information on the board, go to www.northglenn.org/ccppboard.
Since their first meeting in April 2021, the board has already accomplished these tasks:
- Completed an 11.5-hour mini-academy
- Hosted a Hate Crimes Forum in June
- Hosted a series of five community listening sessions in July and August
- Reviewed and provided feedback to NPD on its draft body-worn camera policy
- Participated in Safe Street Halloween in October
For more details, contact Rupa Venkatesh at 720.376.8069 or firstname.lastname@example.org.