The City of Northglenn is updating its Parks, Recreation, and Culture's long-range plan, called the Northglenn Playbook, to guide the city’s investment in parks, open spaces, and recreation facilities and programming.
- Engage the community in identifying their needs and ideas
- Complete a system-wide needs assessment and gap analysis
- Update standards and policies with data-driven recommendations to maximize the city’s investments
- Develop a vision for the future of Northglenn Parks, Recreation & Culture
- Prioritize projects and identify a short-term action plan while incorporating flexibility to adjust to unforeseen circumstances, trends, and events affecting the department and the city
- March: Statistically valid survey delivered to randomly selected residents
- April: Community-wide survey open for all residents
- Thursday, April 6th, 5-8 p.m.: Community Open House at the Northglenn Recreation Center
The long-range plan process began in October 2022 with five phases aligned to the key tasks and major milestones.