- Picking up loose domestic animals
- Investigating neglect/abuse of animals
- Barking dogs and dog bites
All dogs and cats must be inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian as frequently as recommended by the Compendium of Animal Rabies Control as made known by the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians. Dogs and cats must be inoculated within 30 days of being brought into the city.
Animal Control does not handle wildlife, but they may be able to provide limited advice. Wildlife is best handled by professional pest control companies or the Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- Guard dogs that are used to guard or protect personal or real property must obtain a permit from the City Clerk's Office.
- The city permits keeping chickens and bees on residential property with a license.
- Adams County Animal Shelter
- Chapter 14 of the Municipal Code, which regulates animal control
- Living with Wildlife - Adams County Colorado State University Extension
- Living with Wildlife - Colorado Parks and Wildlife