Preschool for children ages 3 to 5 is offered at the new Northglenn Recreation Center.
Long-term benefits of preschool include improved confidence, self-esteem, communication, school readiness and group interactions. It also introduces a classroom schedule and structure to support in kindergarten readiness. Additionally, it strengthens their ability to follow instructions, solve problems, make friends and communicate. Preschool kick-starts children's education and is a great foundation for a life of learning.
Class maximum is 20 children per classroom and supervised by two instructors.
The City of Northglenn Preschool serves children aged 3-5 years old in mixed age classrooms. The program is Colorado State Licensed and utilizes developmentally appropriate practices in a play-based setting to meet the needs of all children. The curricula planned helps develop the whole child in math, music, art, literacy, science, motor skills and social skills. Our goal is to send children onto kindergarten ready for the academic and social experiences they will encounter.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30-11:30
- Tuesday/Thursday 8:30-11:30
- Monday-Friday 8:30-11:30 - Register for MWF and T/TH
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and may be done in person or online*. A payment plan may be arranged by registering in person at Northglenn Recreation Center front desk.
*Online registration available only for paid in full registrations
Register for Preschool
**Registration begins for Residents 8/15/2022 and for Non-Residents 8/22/2022**
Registration is a multi step process:
- Registration through RecTrac (by coming in, or online *click link above for paid in full*)
- Registration Paperwork (due 1 week before start date)
- Parent Policy and Emergency Contact Paperwork
- Proof of Age (copy of birth certificate- not official)
- Immunization Record or Immunization Exemption (if medical exemption the form needs to be signed by doctor, if non-medical exemption guardians must present a certificate of completion of CDPHE’s online immunization education module about vaccine exemptions - https://cdphe.colorado.gov/vaccine-exemptions)
- Current physical from signed by pediatrician (within the last year)
- CACFP Food Program Information
Northglenn Recreation Center, 1 E. Memorial Parkway (next to the old facility)