The Northglenn Senior Center offers a variety of activities, events, and resources that are social, inclusive, and accessible to residents age 55 and up.
“There’s always a pot of coffee on … so stop by and visit awhile!”Location
The Northglenn Senior Center is located in the new Northglenn Recreation Center, 1 E. Memorial Parkway at the south entrance.
The senior center is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
The facility is closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- August Annual Maintenance Week
- Thanksgiving and the Friday that follows
- Dec. 24 and 31.
Daily and Monthly In-Person Activities
- Technology Lab: 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Mondays
- T'ai Chi Club: 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- Writer's Circle: Mondays 1 p.m.
- Coloring+: 1 p.m. Mondays
- Bingo: 9:45 a.m. Tuesdays
- Mahjong: Tuesdays at 1 p.m.
- Cards (Drop-in Pinochle and Bridge): 12:30-4 p.m. Wednesdays
- Social Games: 10 a.m. Thursdays
- Birthday Party: 1 p.m. every second Friday, monthly
- Senior Center Book Club: 1 p.m. every fourth Tuesday, monthly
The center offers special engagements that can be fun, educational - or both!
- Dinner Theatre
- Festive Fridays
- Lifelong Learning
- Poetry Open Mic
- Sip & Paint
- Themed Special Event Days
- Restaurant Roundup
- Travel Film Series
- AARP Driver Safety Program (Held Online Only by AARP)
The following items are accepted at the Senior Center for donations. Please call in advance to set up a time for a donation to be dropped off. We will not accept damaged books, books older than copyright year 2016 unless they are large print, hardcover books unless they are large print, or other items not specifically listed below.
- Large Print Books and Magazines
- Paperback Books with a copyright year 2016 and newer, in a good or like new condition
- Items for yearly city-wide special interest donation drives
Volunteers will be able to practice and develop skills while leading or assisting with Senior Center activities, helping enrich the lives of Northglenn's senior community. To learn more about becoming a volunteer with the Senior Center, read the documents linked below or contact the Senior Center.
From the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has published information on their website regarding when and where seniors can get COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Read general information about the vaccine.
- Find out where you can get vaccinated.
- Find a specific vaccine type
Face masks are not required inside City of Northglenn facilities. However, visitors are highly encouraged to wear them.
Current available city services are listed here.
One page info sheet on Adams County services.
Spaces in the Northglenn Recreation Center will be available for rent to the public starting in 2022. For more information, call 303.450.8800.